Sunday, July 12, 2009

the stuffy blues....

It's terrible being sick especially when you have to cancel various shindigs with friends.  The plan was to go to a wonderful grilling party at my friend Nancy's.  I bought all sorts of gorgeous figs and berries for the planned brown butter fig tart that I was to bring.  Darn.

Drinking my concoction of hot lemon juice, cayenne and Manuka honey, I lay on my crumpled white sheets an exhausted sight.  Temp 102...oh my.  The positive side is that if one must be sick than at least I have a lovely bright bedroom to be sick in.....this cheers me. Propped on pillows I can see bees zigzagging to and from the crevice in my backyard wall.  This also cheers me.  See there I go again with bees. While I'm on that subject, I saw a wonderful old Spanish film, The Spirit of the Beehive.  Not about bees, but they do play a subtle role.

No comments:

Post a Comment