Monday, August 24, 2009

a bit of garden maintenance...

I've been working so much in the kitchen lately, I've neglected the garden. Granted it will be easier when all I have to do is open my back door and wander out in my pajamas to check on things. Soon, fingers crossed, soon.

On this warm morning I've driven over to the house and have several hours to spend in the garden. It was just enough time to tie the leggy tomatoes to their trellises, clear the bed that recently housed enormous squash plants (unfortunately, they got a bad case of powdery mildew and withered away), fill that same bed with Scarlet Nantes carrot seeds and pick the tiny dark seeds from my dried kale pods for future plantings.























I chuckle when I look down at myself. My fingertips are caked with chlorophyl and my arms are dusted with soil. What a grand way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment